Monday, August 15, 2005

Time in Bangalore!

I'm posting on my blog after a very long time! When I mean post, I mean actually write something and not just post some pic of mine.I got very nostalgic today.. about my time in Bangalore! :)
I met some amazing friends in Bangalore. I met my girlfriend there too.I sometimes used to think whether it would have been better for me if I had worked hard and got into an IIT, but the answer is an overwhelming no!If I hadnt come to Bangalore, I would never have met Neha who is the love of my life! No engineering degree is worth not having met her. I'm lucky that she loves me as dearly as I love her. She's a very beautiful girl, has the kindest of hearts.
though sometimes she can be quite a handful so I have to be on my toes. Thats such a small price. :)
Coming to my college, the only positive part of those 4 years were the friends I made there.
Lets go one by one in no particular order:

1. Narayan Singh Rathore:
Most misunderstood guy in class, (Dil ka saaf hai), always getting into trouble, sometime for his Ash ;) U needed to be patient with this guy, but you can count on him if you're in trouble. Even if you're not on talking terms with him, he'll help you out if you were in trouble. True friend! Right now getting trained to join the Indian Army in OTA, Chennai

2. Rakesh Kumar Singh:
Funniest guy in class (after me ;) ) . He's a real sweet chap and we used to gel well. Our sense of humour was identical. Hauda? Yaodo? :)) He's another guy who would help you out in trouble. Good part about him was that he was straight as a pole.
No backbiting with him. If he likes you, you'll know, if he doesn't you'll know! We were partners for most projects in college.Right now working in a good company (forgot the name :) ) in Bangalore on C++.

3. Prashant Kumar:
The original brain from Jharkhand :)Most often than not, used to get "out of out" in internals. "Out of out", btw was a term unique to our college which meant
full marks.He married our classmate Anupama. He always had an eye for her though denied it initially. :)Bugger didn't invite me for the wedding! :) (I know you must have been busy, pal.)A lot of respect for him! Currently working in Satyam!

4. Anupama Kalyan (now Agarwal I think):
Gutsiest girl I have ever known. I never spoke much with her, in fact I hardly used to speak to any girl in college (my friends here find that impossible). She lost her right arm in a very unfortunate accident, but has pulled through amazingly!I admire you for your spirit! Currently working in Satyam!

5. Nandini Prakash:
One of the few girls I spoke to in college. Most bindas girl and the most helpful girl. We used to go together to college during our final sem. I saved on fuel costs so much thanks to her. Great company, can talk nineteen to the dozen!Currently working in a company in Bangalore (forgot this name too) on java if I'm not wrong.

6. Naik Santosh:
I wanted to put his name as YEshwant 'cos some of our lecturers used to think that was his name. It's his father's name, which is included in his name and he used to get real cheesed off.He's another great great chap! Fundoo guy! We were in the college cricket team together. He was the coordinator (his official designation :) ) HE apparently has a bad temper, but I have never seen it, probably because I never wanted to get him angry! ;) He would have kicked my ass! :)) He had a great sense of humour. Whaaaaat man?Currently working in Infosys, Bangalore.

7. Bhaskar V:
Part of the original brain club along with Prashant. Consistently in the top 3 of our class. Very helpful guy, used to get me the copies of all the books for college. I once remember how well he explained an Engg Graphics problem to me! I wish he was a lecturer in our college. I wouldn't have had to take tuitions. ;) Currently working in Infosys, Bangalore after working for a Japanese company, Yokogawa (or Tokogawa?)

8. Shashidhar Rao:
Power packed Dynamo! He was 4 by 4 and still is. ;) Short and sweet applies very well to him, but he has the stature of a big man! He could get a giant like Raghunath to argue with him and still win....Another very nice chap, his idol is Sachin Tendulkar (as is mine) and has a voice which resembles his.Currently working in Satyam , Hyderabad. (Havent been able to meet him even once)

9. George Fernandes:
What can I say about George Fried Rice? That was the name I had given him once when Rakesh and I were joking around.His favourite sentence was "What, man?". HE valiantly tried to get us a project in IISc, but was too high funda for us so we couldnt do it.His another specialty was that he used to address everyone by their full name eg. Where are you going, Narayan singh Rathore? Whereabouts Unkown ;)

10. Rajesh:
Another sweet fellow, very helpful. Had a typical south Indian accent hence couldnt not pronounce the "Ha" sound properly. So khaana was k_aana for him and haath was _aath. Another intelligent guy.Currently working in a good company in Bangalore( no need to say that I forgot the name)

11. Goutam V Jain:
Sharp guy, very intelligent. We used to come on the same college bus. Seeing him on the bus was very reassuring during exams. Both of used to be very tense during the exams. Currently working in a company, working on C++.

12. Yadukula BC:
Sweet chap, very friendly and very helpful. Had a run in with a drinking problem (I remember his "save water, Drink Beer" tshirt) Used to speak very cutely in Hindi! was from Coorg and has coffee plantation there. Promised to get me coffee from there! Still havent got it ;) I think he's working somewhere in Bangalore!

13. Akaash Sikhor Barua:
If anyone knows where this guy is, tell him to get in touch with me on email. Ive tried contacting him, but I guess his number must have changed. He was this really tall dude and pretty good looking. Had lots and lots of girlfriends (sometime at the same time). He's from Assam, he was in the mech branch. Used to hang a lot during the first two years, then gradually decreased over the next two years, but used to catch up once in a while! Whereabouts unknown! Call me , email me ,dude!

14. Elan Cherian:
Vice Captain of our college cricket team. Was originally pipped to be the Captain but they chose me instead. He was and I'm sure still is, a genuinely nice guy. Bloody good bowler, was one of the rare bowler who could scare the shit out of me esp on the uneven practice pitches of ours in college. I want his number too- help, somebody!! He was also from the mechanical
branch!Whereabouts unknown!

15. Punnet Dhupar:
Delhi da munda, another punjabi in college. We used to hang out in college and during the little that I stayed in the college hostel. Great guy. I think he sometimes thought that I was interested in this girl who he was very friendly with. She was in the E&C batch, 2 years our junior! I even asked him for her number, but he never gave it to me. ;) She was the closest thing to a hot girl in our college. Currently working in Subex, Bangalore.

So these are some of the friends I made in college. I will probably add on to this list later.Along with friends, there were a few lecturers who helped me out in college too. Their help was invaluable!

No comments: