Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

Not too long ago, a large seminar was held for
ministers and reverends
in training. Among the facilitators were many
well-known motivational
speakers. One such speaker boldly approached the
pulpit and, gathering
the entire crowd's attention, said, "The best years of
my life were
spent in the arms of a woman who wasn't my wife!" The
crowd was shocked!
He followed up by saying," That woman was my mother!"
The crowd burst
into laughter and he gave his speech, which was well
received.

About a week later, one of the ministers who had
attended the seminar
decided to use that joke in his sermon. As he shyly
approached the
pulpit one sunny Sunday, he tried to rehearse the joke
in his head. It
was a bit foggy to him. Getting to the microphone he
said loudly, "The
greatest years of my life were spent in the arms of a
woman who was not
my wife!"

His congregation sat shocked, murmuring. After
standing there for
almost10 seconds trying to recall the second half of
the joke, the
pastor finally blurted out "...and I can't remember
who she was!"

Moral of the story: Don't copy if you can't paste.

No comments: